Our aim is to provide high quality care and treatment in a relaxed, comfortable and safe environment. Our clinicians are committed to continuing post graduate education and keeping abreast of advances in modern dentistry, in order to maintain the high standards our patients have come to expect from us.
Our children’s plan focuses on the delivery of preventive dentistry on a regular basis, encouraging good diet and oral health habits in your child’s formative years and thereby minimising the need for fillings and extractions. When you enrol your child onto our children’s plan, which will be administered by DPAS , who will make a separate arrangement with you to manage your payments under the plan, you will have peace of mind that your child is receiving quality dental care. Our plan also provides a Worldwide Dental Assistance Scheme for dental emergencies or dental injuries whilst at home or abroad – essential cover for the rough and tumble of childhood.
Children of all ages are welcomed at the practice and we firmly believe that an early introduction to our happy team of clinicians and staff will encourage our young friends to enjoy caring for their teeth and look forward to encouragement, rewards and advice from their dentist.
We have a separate playroom, adjacent to the main reception area, which is well stocked with books, toys and comics, where young children can spend time and have fun. Information sheets for parents offering advice and tips to help their child have healthy teeth for life are available from reception or your dentist. Baby changing facilities, a private room for breast feeding and of course bottle warming facilities can also made available for our new parents.
WHAT DOES OUR CHILDREN’S PLAN INCLUDE?
Our Dental Membership Plan is free for children under the age of 5 years (but they are not eligible for the Worldwide Dental Emergency Assistance Scheme) and from 5 years onwards only costs £5.67 per child, per month and covers:
- Two thorough dental health examinations per year, with 50% discount off the fee for any further consultations requested
- All treatment of baby teeth
- 50% discount on our fee list for treatment of adult teeth, such as cosmetic fillings
- 20% discount off laboratory based items eg. mouth guards
- 10% discount off some orthodontic work
- 10% discount off oral health products
- Application of fluoride gels and varnishes to treat and reverse early decay when necessary
- Routine x-rays when clinically necessary
- Antibiotics when required at no extra cost
- Access to help or advice from one of our dentists during work hours
- 24 hour helpline numbers for dental emergencies at home or abroad
- Access to request assistance from the Worldwide Dental Emergency Assistance Scheme (see overleaf)
The monthly plan cost includes the charges payable by you to our management and administration company, DPAS.
- Design a preventive programme for your child’s individual needs
- Help you and your child understand:
- How to brush their teeth correctly
- What part diet plays in oral health
- Plaque and its causes
- Causes of decay
- Causes of gum disease
- How to protect their teeth from injury
- Talk about your child’s diet, encourage good habits in their choices of food, drinks and snacks and reward good efforts in maintaining our work
- Provide peace of mind that they belong to our dedicated practice
HOW DOES YOUR CHILD JOIN OUR PLAN?
You will be asked to complete a short registration form and Direct Debit mandate on behalf of your child, either at home or with the help of one of our reception team at the practice. The usual one-off registration fee of £10 per person is waived for those under 18 years of age.
Once the Direct Debit has been set up, an initial appointment for an examination with one of our dentists will be made and the charge of £10 per child will be taken in advance of the appointment. This will cover the cost of this first examination and any necessary radiographs. Thereafter, usually on a six monthly basis, these are included in your child’s plan and will not be charged for again.
If you have any questions about our children’s plan, please contact our reception team who will be happy to provide further information and guidance and can post out information if you prefer to consider all our benefits in the comfort of your own home.
WHAT HAPPENS IN AN EMERGENCY?
In the first instance please call the practice if possible on 01642 815 016. Information will be provided in a clear message should the practice be closed. You will also have access to a 24 hour, 365 day worldwide Dental Emergency helpline, which will endeavour to find an English speaking dentist to assist you, should you be further afield.
In the event of a child having an accident, especially one which involves an injury or blow to a front, permanent (adult) tooth, it is most important to act quickly. If the tooth has been knocked out completely then place it in a cup of milk if possible, or clean water if milk is not available and contact your dentist immediately. In some cases it is possible to re-plant and save a tooth if treatment can be carried out quickly.
Remember that any injury to the mouth, however slight, can often result in a lot of blood which can be frightening for everyone involved. If you cannot place the tooth in milk, try to have the patient keep the tooth in their mouth, lying between the cheek and the teeth. We can help- just get in touch and let us know.
You can view our brochure here.